Saturday, August 10, 2013

at Tai Zi Heen, Prince Hotel


The housemate/bestie had a dimsum craving, so we decided to check out the all-you-can-eat dimsum buffet at Tai Zi Heen, Prince Hotel (weekends and public holidays, MYR45++/pax) with a group of friends.

Some of the dishes we ordered are pictured above. Personally, I enjoyed the roast duck best which was tender with a small amout of juicy fat.

Another thing I enjoyed was the mango pudding with passionfruit puree. The passionfruit puree was wonderfully tangy, and provided an interesting twist to an otherwise ordinary mango pudding.

The other dishes rated as just 'meh' for me, only the duck warranted a second order. I found most of the fried stuff too dry and lacking in flavor, and the egg noodles with prawn lacked flavor of any kind (Tiggy liked this tho, and had a second order.)

Har gow, my usual favourite, wasn't up to par, the skin was too mushy ans. broke upon contact with my chopsticks. The egg tarts were also bland and tasteless- Tiggy however said it tasted like tau-foo-fa. Disappointing. 


Soup of the day. Old cucumber soup. Delicate and flavorful, this had the right touch of 'sweetness' that I wanted in a Chinese soup. Yum.


Chinese herbal jelly. This had the right hint of bitterness, however, I would prefer if it came with honey to sweeten as the bitterness got to me after a few bites.

We ended up having a lot of unfinished food- and had to play a true-or-false game (miss a question, eat a piece of dimsum) to avoid any potential wastage charges. I think we were the noisiest table dining there. Heheh.

Ellie's rating
Food: 4/10 (what I didn't enjoy outweighed those I did)
Ambience: 6.5/10

Would I return? Probably not- there are much better options for dimsum out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment