Thursday, August 29, 2013

at The Red Beanbag, Publika


After a previous disappointing visit, the bestie and I decided to give the Red Beanbag another visit - for brunch. Our expectations were high since a close friend said the breakfast items were 'heavenly'

Bestie ordered the Croque Madame (grilled cheese covered in mozzarella, served with a sunny side up) and baked eggs. My order was the Sumo (grilled salmon fillet, sautéed baby spinach, poached egg with seaweed hollandaise, served on top of rosti)

Croque Madame was a very simple, hearty, comforting sandwich- I enjoyed my taste of this, and would personally go for Croque Monsieur (no egg). My friend said she'd prefer the addition of some stronger cheese, like cheddar.

Baked eggs- yummy and hearty, with chunks of sausage (chicken, beef and lamb if my memory serves), potato and 2 eggs, with a generous amount of melted cheese on top. This came with 2 slices of bread which I didn't try.

My fave item was the Sumo- loved the perfectly done salmon- most places overcook it. The rosti fried to crispy perfection and was moistened by the perfectly runny yolk. Yum!

We finished the meal with Fatbaby ice cream- flavors of the day were Apple Crumble and Chocolate. The Apple Crumble ice cream was divine- nice buttery crumbles and small chunks of apple in the ice cream.

Almost every table had an order of Eggs Benedict or Eggs Atlantic- we'll try that next time! The coffee also smelt great- I'll have it on my next visit!

Ellie's rating
Ambience: 8/10
Food: 8/10 (breakfast menu only!)

No comments:

Post a Comment